Viva Las Vegas!
If you want a Las Vegas experience away from the strip I would recommend Red Rock Casino & Resort in Summerlin! My first experience at Red Rock was the movie theater. My brother and sister live in the Summerlin area with their families and this is one location we have gone for movies. This Casino and Resort opened in May so everything is still pretty new. SRC was invited to be the "surprise" keynote speaker at an event in Las Vegas at Red Rock. The Casino and theater part of the resort are very different from the hotel. You walk into a large lobby that opens up to a lounge that is very posh. Overall I was very impressed with the hotel. The rooms were amazing...very contemporary and spacious. The bed was...well, as Matt M. described the beds at Snowbird, "like fudge". You just sink into it and you are enveloped with comfyness. It was wonderful! Large flat screen TV plus a small flat screen in the bathroom were two pluses to the room as well. The swimming pool, which I could see from my room is round and looks very tempting from above.
The event was great! SRC hit a home run with this group. The intent of the keynote was to inspire, motivate, WOW!, and instruct on work/life balance. SRC did just that and left everyone feeling inspired and ready to tackle whatever comes their way. The executive who introduced SRC got up at the end to close the session. He thanked SRC for coming and said, "Aside from sitting in the back blubbering (crying), I learned many valuable lessons..." It was awesome to be part of that.
Once the event was over we had 70 minutes to get to the airport, get through security and board the plane. We were on the plane with 10 minutes to spare. I will admit that we cut to the front of the security line. Right as we were convincing a gentleman to let us step in line they opened up another line which we immediately went to. Big smiles and many words of appreciation help in situations like these. By the time we got onto the plane (Southwest) the majority of the seats left open were middle seats. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE middle seats. I love "my space". I have a very spacious and comfy bubble that I take good care of, so a middle seat is something I try to avoid. SRC found an aisle seat and and I found a middle seat in between two fine looking men. The flight might not be so bad afterall.
Those who are reading this...please explain something to me. Perhaps I could get all of the married men reading this to help me with something. What is the purpose of a wedding ring if you are not going to wear it? For those women who are single...at least for me, I like to act like I am not "looking" for Mr. Right but I always try to put my best face on, attempt at flirting when appropriate and try to make a good impression. So, here I am on this plane sitting between two men who are not wearing wedding rings and we are engaged in good, interesting conversation. Man on the left, 35 minutes into the flight mentions his daughters. Man on the right, as we land mentions that his wife is picking him up at the airport. Either these men were so turned off by me that they would rather lie than risk any further contact or they truly are married. Seriously, explain this to me. From now on, I am going to assume every man, regardless of finger jewelry, is married. Call me shallow, call me cynical, call me desperate (don't you dare!) but a ring would be helpful! I mean, come on! Don't get me wrong I wasn't sitting there planning my future with either of these men but I did have a moment of, "hmmm, seems interesting enough...perhaps a date?"
What is a single girl to do?
Thursday, December 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment