Oscar Silva...Red Hot Chile Pepper Extraordinaire
Why, you might be asking, do I call him "Red Hot Chile Pepper"? Well, he is a native of Vina del Mar, Chile and speaks with a very strong Latino accent, which I love. Oscar and I met January 9, 2008 at the Orem Fitness Center. I had decided that week to start taking a Spinning class and we met during the 2nd class I attended. It wasn't love at first sight more like intrigue at first sight. In fact, I was on my way to take the bike that Oscar normally rides and he wasn't too happy about that. Since I am so giving and compassionate (ha!) I happily let him have the bike. His good looks did not go unnoticed by me so, ladies, you can understand why I was so willing to give up the bike.
After the class was over I asked him where he is from and when he said Chile I told him that one of my brothers had lived there for 2 years. He asked what part and when I said, "Vina del Mar", he smiled and said that is where I'm from. Small world! Anyway, over the course of the next few days and between conversations with Oscar and my brother, Murray, we were able to determine that Murray was in Chile at the same time that Oscar was meeting with the LDS missionaries and was, subsequently baptised.
Oscar has been in the United States for almost 13 years and in that time has really gained a strong command of the English language. He is a critical care nurse as well as a Lieutenant in the U.S. Army Reserve. Oscar is an American soldier with an accent.
We love long walks on the beach and picnics in the shade....yikes! It is not uncommon to find Oscar and me just leaving the fitness center after a good work out, sweating, and having a good time. We would enjoy walking on a beach if one was close by and picnics would be a good idea if we had time to enjoy a picnic together. Over the course of the past six months we have almost spent more time apart than we have together because of my travel schedule. We have had plenty of goodbyes and hellos after weeks of being apart. NOT FUN! Plus, Oscar works the night shift a lot so our paths may cross and I'm getting to the gym and he's leaving to go to work.
So far he has met all but Murray and his family. We traveled to Las Vegas, NV and Canton, OH to visit Carrie Anne, Rick, and Clark and their families. In August we will be traveling to Tennessee to visit Murray and his crew. My parents seem to really like him and he has been able to spend time with Megan's family as well as Graydon's family. It really has been fun to introduce him to everyone.
Here are just a few pictures for you to enjoy!



No comments:
Post a Comment