
...one moment in time
November 1st started out as a normal day. I woke up in Paris, France! Today was the day I would be flying home after being gone for 15 days. I could not wait for the wheels of that plane to touch down in Salt Lake City. Before that could happen I had to fly nearly 10 hours to Cincinnati, OH; go through immigration; retrieve my luggage, go through customs, re-check my luggage; change clothes and look pretty. What? I was under strict instructions to "look beautiful" when I landed in Salt Lake City. A difficult task on most days but on this particular day this could prove challenging after flying for 14 hours. I did my best!
I landed in Salt Lake safely and on time. On the flight I was sitting next to a very nice gentleman from Montana. We chatted while we waited for the flight to take off about where I had been and whether or not we were both flying home. I was so nervous and excited not knowing what was going to happen when I landed in Salt Lake but having an idea of what might happen. I blurted out, "I think my boyfriend is going to propose to me when I get to Salt Lake". This kind gentleman looked a bit shocked followed by a huge grin. It was so fun to share my excitement and receive a response of this enthusiasm with this man.
View the video below to see what happened when I finally made my way to baggage claim.
This was one moment in time that I have dreamed of for a long, long...long time. In all of my dreaming I never imagined that I would be proposed to in such a way and by such a wonderful, loving, kind, handsome man who loves me with all of his heart and soul...much the way I love him. We will be married on January 2, 2009 and it will be another moment in time that will be one of the most joyous days of my life!
So, how did we manage to get on TV? My brother, Graydon, works for KSL, a local TV/Radio station. Oscar had talked to Graydon about how he wanted to propose and Graydon made it happen. Thanks Graydon!! A shout out to Bobby Jackson, the man behind the camera.
Just a quick note: I was traveling from Paris with my colleague, JAE, and as we waited by baggage claim in Cincinnati we retrieved my bag and then proceeded to wait and wait. JAE's luggage did not come. If my luggage had not come I would have landed in Salt Lake City wearing jeans and a polo shirt. Thanks to the 2nd team for assisting in my task to "look beautiful".

No comments:
Post a Comment