No More Victims 5K Run
West Jordan, UT
Now that's dedication! I completed my fourth 5K today...in the sprinkling rain and blowing wind. My sister, MB, ran with me...her first 5K. As we walked from my truck to the registration area I thought, "This is going to be interesting...pouring rain, no sun, and a lot of wind". I really wanted it to be a great experience for MB so she would want to run again and again. By the time the race started the wind had calmed down and the rain was just a light sprinkling. It was actually quite nice...although my sun glasses kept fogging up. I finally gave up on those and moved them to the top of my head.
As for our performance, MB had enough extra kick the last stretch of the race to come in at about 34:45. I was lagging behind and came in at about 35:05. I was hoping for 32:00 but...every race seems to be different or I seem to be different every race. MB is pleased with her time and it now gives her a bench mark to run against and improve on. I just need to get faster. I am training for the triathlon so my focus is not just on running but you would think that with the training I am doing I would be doing better. I'm not complaining just making a point...I am not going to give up!
All proceeds from this run went to the Child Advocacy center in West Jordan...fighting abuse. Members of BACA, Bikers Against Child Abuse, started the race--engines roaring--it was awesome! We also had police escort the entire race because it was not a closed course. I wanted to fake an injury just so the cute blond policeman could rescue me. However, once they had their helmets on I could not tell who was who...not helpful!
This is a post race picture of me and MB. Aren't we cute!?
No comments:
Post a Comment