August 4, 2007
St. Louis, MO
A trip for the books! One like any other as far as work trips go. I flew in to St. Louis the day before the presentation. SRC was scheduled to fly in the day of the presentation. It was just so strange to be on my own for the logistics, etc. I was craving vegetables! Attached to the hotel is a mall and what did I find in the food court, Panda Express! It was delicious! I got up in the morning and headed to the gym...bike first and then run! It felt great!
I met up with ER, the rep from a PR firm for the client and together we covered the logistics of the event: the venue for the general session, the press room, entrance and exit strategy, etc. Once all of this was done I headed back to the hotel to meet SRC. Once back at the venue we headed to the press room and then onto the General Session. SRC spoke for one hour and he was awesome...a home run for this group! It was incredible. Here is the biggest difference between this event and all others, I left before SRC was done. He got through his slides and the videos he wanted to show and then I was off. I had a plane to catch! What I didn't know is that Southwest has its own terminal at the St. Louis airport and with traffic at a minimum on Saturday afternoons I made it to the airport in about 13 minutes. I had plenty of time to change my clothes, get a salad, and find a place to sit on the floor in line "A". The flight home was uneventful...
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment