July 30 - 31, 2007
San Diego, CA
I must say that if given the right opportunity I could live in San Diego. The weather was divine during our two day stay there. Plus, the view from my room was amazing...I looked down at the resort pools and out at the ocean. I saw big aircraft carriers cruising through the water. It was pretty cool!
SRC and I were in San Diego for a 7 Habits Certification event. This is the second event of this sort and it was awesome. The group was smaller...about 155 people but the caliber was excellent. All of these participants were so anxious to hear from SRC and to learn from him. They were also very enthusiastic about becoming certified in 7H. SRC presented for about 4 hours the morning of the first day followed by about 40 minutes of Q&A with the entire group. Once again I learned a lot of new things about SRC. He told storied and related experiences with his research and study that I had not heard before. The afternoon of day 1 and morning of day 2 consisted of visits to each of the break out sessions. SRC answered more questions and had a chance to connect with the participants. It is so inspiring to see the fire in their eyes and the fire that lights up when SRC is talking to them. It is times like these that remind me of why I love my job.
The evening of July 30th SRC was invited to participate in an LDS Young Single Adult Fireside. The event took place in Corona, CA which was about a 90 minute drive. Upon arriving at the event we had maybe two minutes to spare before it was to begin. As I was walking in a kind man asked me if I needed anything as I prepared to go on the stand to set up my AV. It was right then that I was processing in my mind, "I hope I remembered to pack my power cord...YIKES!!!!!" I had left my laptop in my hotel room. Before leaving my hotel room to go to a cocktail party and then the LDS Fireside I mentally checked off what I needed and even thought to "lock" my computer so that anyone coming into the room would not be able to access anything on the internet. Whew! Smart thinking...they couldn't access anything on the internet but they could steal my laptop. Anyway, back to the fireside. I looked up into this man's eyes and said, "I forgot my laptop". There must have been a look of fear and devastation in my eyes because he immediately said, "I live three minutes away I will go and get my laptop" and like a knight in shining armour he was gone. Now, SRC was in the restroom while this exchange was taking place and to this day he still does not know that I forgot my laptop. Once they got through the welcome, song, and introduction I was on the stand plugging in the laptop.
Monday, August 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment