Monday, March 19, 2007

DAILY LOG
March Tour
BE SURE TO READ INDIVIDUAL DAILY ENTRIES FOR MORE DETAILS

I thought it would be fun, in addition to my entries per country/event to add in a daily log. This daily log would track our progress and movements. As I start the trip today it sounds like a fantastic idea. However, as the trip progresses I may find that a daily log is a bit over zealous. For as long as this daily log lasts I hope you enjoy it.

March 8th
11:50 p.m. Depart Salt Lake City

March 9th
6:00 a.m. Arrive JFK International Airport (New York)

I actually slept a good portion of this 4 hour flight. Typically I am al about the in-flight movies, just ask SRC. By the time the plane took off I was pooped and ready for some shut eye. I have a bit of the restless leg syndrome so that does not always allow me a deep slumber on these flights. This flight was no different with the RLS starting in the right leg and moving to the left. Such a great feeling—the constant involuntary twitching.

LONG LAYOVER (almost 4 Hours)
I could use a toothbrush. Of course mine is in my suitcase which is making its way from one plane to the next. My teeth feel like they have a sweater on…not the soft cashmere kind of sweater either. The itchy wool kind that you just want to take off the minute you put it on. Do you know the feeling?

10:20 a.m. Depart JFK for Dubai (11;5 hour flight)

March 10th
7:50 a.m. Arrive Dubai (this has not happened yet but I thought I would throw it in there so you would have an idea of our arrival into the UAE. It is about a 12 hour flight and Dubai is 10 hours ahead of Utah.

7:30 a.m. (actual) Arrival in Dubai. The flight was 11.5 hours. You should have seen the selection of in-flight movies. I was in heaven but practiced some restraint and only watched 2 and half movies. I spent the rest of the time trying to sleep, preparing for the presentations and writing in my journal. The seats…wow…I will post a picture so you can see my very own mini bar. Seriously, these seats were awesome and stretched out flat so you really could sleep.

I took a nap today once I was in the hotel and had had some breakfast. My eyes felt as if they had sand in them so I thought I would nap for about an hour. That turned into nearly three hours, not of deep sleep but enough that I felt refreshed. The show also helped. HEAVEN!

March 11th
5:30 a.m. Time to get up
7:00 a.m. AV Rehearsal: the event was held in a theater that is quite well know in Dubai. Very nice!
8:45 a.m. Program start
4:30 p.m. Program end: the program went well. SRC had to cram so much into the day but he did a fantastic job
5:30 p.m. Back at the hotel: checked email and went to the health club. To get to this health club you walk through the hotel, through the outdoor mall and into the next hotel. This place is huge! The health club was fantastic and very well equipped.

March 12th
4:00 a.m. Wake up!
5:15 a.m. Drive to the Airport to fly to Amman, Jordan
7:00 a.m. At the gate waiting to board
7:05 a.m. Announcement that ALL flight in and out of the Dubai airport have been stopped because of a crash on the runway. PLEASE READ SEPARATE ENTRY ON AMMAN FOR MORE INFORMAITON.
10:20 a.m. Depart Dubai airport in a car—destination Abu Dahbi Airport
2:00 p.m. Depart Abu Dahbi for Amman
3:30 p.m. Arriva Amman, Jordan
4:15 p.m. Arrive InterContinental Hotel
9:00 p.m. Day 1 of event conclusion

March 13th/14th
6:30 a.m. Luggage delivered to my room!
6:50 a.m. Fitness Center
7:25 a.m. Back to my room to get ready for the day
8:30 a.m. AV preparation
9:00 a.m. Event Start (Day 2)
4:45 p.m. Event conclusion
6:00 p.m. Leave for the airport
8:25 p.m. Flight departure from Amman, Jordan
12:45 a.m. Flight arrive into Dubai
1:45 a.m. Arrive at Park Hyatt Hotel
2:45 a.m. In bed!

March 14th
6:30 a.m. Wake up!
8:00 a.m. AV preparation
9:30 a.m. Program start
4:30 p.m. Program conclusion
6:30 p.m. Depart for LDS Fireside
7:30 p.m. Start of fireside (end 9:00 p.m.)
9:30 p.m. Return to the hotel

March 15th
12:45 a.m. Leave hotel for airport
2:35 a.m. Depart Dubai for Mauritius
9:45 a.m. Arrive in Mauritius
11:35 a.m. Arrive at hotel
1:00 p.m. Depart hotel for meeting with the Prime Minister
2:00 p.m. Meeting with the Prime Minister and members of his cabinet
3:45 p.m. Leave meeting for hotel
5:00 p.m. Helicopter ride over Mauritius
6:00 p.m. Time to myself—sleep!

March 16th
5:30 a.m. Wake-up
7:00 a.m. Leave hotel for event venue
7:15 a.m. AV set-up
9:00 a.m. Program Start
5:00 p.m. Program end
5:15 p.m. SRC TV interview
7:30 p.m. Gala Dinner with VIP guests

March 17th
6:30 a.m. Wake-up
9:00 a.m. Leave hotel for LDS Community Event
10:00 a.m. Community Event
12:30 p.m. Back at hotel to pack and prepare to leave for airport
2:30 p.m. Leave for airport
4:30 p.m. Leave Mauritius flying to Johannesburg, South Africa
8:00 p.m. Arrive Johannesburg

March 18th
8:00 a.m. Wake-up (oh the glory of sleeping in)
12:30 p.m. Lunch with SRC
2:30 p.m. Meet with Buyani to go over event details
4:30 p.m. Leave hotel for Johannesburg Community Event
5:00 p.m. VIP session
6:00 p.m. Community event (over 1,000 people)
7:45 p.m. Return to hotel

March 19th
5:30 a.m. Wake-up
7:00 a.m. AV set-up
8:30 a.m. Program Start
4:30 p.m. Program End
5:00 p.m. SRC Photo op
5:20 p.m. SRC TV Interview

No comments: