Wednesday, March 14, 2007



March 13th
Day 2 Amman, Jordan

Day 2 of the event in Amman was incredible. Both SRC and I were so amazed at the number of questions that were asked throughout the day. We are not sure if it is the culture but the questions kept coming and they were good...very insightful, well thought out, and sometimes pertaining to their personal or professional lives.

Because the event was in the same hotel where we slept I actually took a power nap during lunch. It felt great and helped sustain me through the day. At the conclusion of the event a large group of people stormed the stage for signatures and pictures. People were cooperative and after some encouragement formed a line so things were more efficient. It is at times like this that I have to get over the fact that I have personal space that is not often intruded upon. The people crowd, they push, and they express joy at getting SRC's signature and/or picture. As my colleagues and I call it, "elbows out". This is when I serve as body guard to SRC as well as assistant.

We left for the airport at 6:00 p.m. The plane left Amman at 8:20 p.m. and we were on our way back to Dubai. I did not have a chance to see much of Amman but I had a great view from my room. What you see in this photo seems to be a representation of typical housing in Amman. When you get further into the country side the homes are more spread out and they are much bigger.

One other thing to report, half way through the morning, Her Majesty Queen Rania came into the program. She stayed for quite some time and at the end of the event we found out that three or four of her employees attended the entire event. The Queen is in her late twenties, early thirties and is beautiful. SRC had the chance to shake her hand and they had a brief conversation. If we had not been flying out after the program we would have had dinner with the King and Queen. Darn travel schedule!


No comments: