Saturday, March 03, 2007


Orlando, FL

The day SRC and I flew to Orlando it was near blizzard conditions in Salt Lake City. It was nice to leave the snow and cold and be welcomed in FL by 80 degree temperatures and sunshine. We stayed at the Omni Orlando Resort which was very impressive and a bit unlike the other hotels I have stayed at in Florida: it was not on the Walt Disney World Property. That was the biggest difference.

SRC and I decided to visit Epcot Center more for the food than anything else. It was fun to walk around and see the different people and countries represented. The food was great! I had the best chocolate ice cream cone right outside of Paris. Delicious! As you can see in this picture, the table has finally turned and SRC pushed me around while I sat in the scooter. Not that I normally push him around and not that we actually traveled around Epcot this way, but it was fun to take the picture. We did have a good time.

Now, to the presentation. SRC was a surprise to this group. We sat through the morning meetings and listened to the different executives report on 2006. It was very interesting but started to get very long as the program got further behind. The theme of this event was “Turn it Up!” They had a live band that played each time the speakers came on and off the stage. The band also played at the opening of the event which also included dancers. I was very impressed. As I said above, SRC was a surprise to the group. As he was introduced you could hear audible gasps of excitement and the applause when he came out on stage was almost deafening. I was back stage with a huge grin on my face. The presentation was geared toward the 7 Habits and I would say that SRC did a fantastic job with the group. The group size was about 250-300, mostly between the ages of 30-50 and all were full of enthusiasm. It really was great to be there.

No comments: