Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I know…

I know when I am past my tired point when my eye starts twitching…and I have my deep throat voice going (very lady like)
I know when I have been in one too many hotels over a short period of time when I can’t remember my room number when checking out.


Stockholm, Sweden

SRC and I arrive in the dark and left in the dark. Right now there are 8 hours of daylight in Stockholm…tis the season. The sun came up about 8:00 and started it’s descent at 4:00 p.m. The city lights of Stockholm are quite beautiful. We saw the tower where the Nobel Prizes are celebrated (dinner…very posh gala event). We also saw the building where the Novel Prizes are actually presented to the recipients. Quite something… During lunch today I had a few extra minutes and my camera so I decided to take a walk. It is not often that I get outside during a program but today I took advantage of the 8 minutes that I did have. I took a few pictures just to prove that I was actually in Stockholm…city streets, quite narrow, with interesting buildings on either side. It felt good to be outside in the brisk winter air. As I rounded a corner I came face to face with to mothers (could have been Nannies) pushing strollers (prams) with small children bundled in their winter suits. Quite a scene!

The event today was with a smaller group but it was fantastic! SRC did an amazing job drawing the audience out with a lot of group interaction and question and answer throughout. The location was interesting to say the least. It is normally used as a Jazz Bar and for special musical events: concerts, orchestras, etc. There was a disco ball hanging from the ceiling and a bar off to one side. All of this added to the uniqueness of the event and the group. It is amazing to watch SRC on stage drawing his inspiration from the crowd. He follows that inspiration and at the end of the day he has hit a home run. The audience leaves with new information, feeling inspired and wanting to make a difference in their jobs, families and relationships in general.

I don’t often talk about the food but today I have to tell you about the lunch we had. To say it was steak and potatoes would not do it justice. It was SO good. The mashed potatoes melted in my mouth. The steak was delicious and both were topped with this sweet, yet salty, sauce and bacon curls. They were more than bacon bits so I will call them bacon curls. The gentleman who served the food told us the name of the dish. He said it in Swedish but to me it sounded like, Shoemakers Box. It was delicious!

One more stop…Brussels, Belgium!

No comments: