Sao Paulo, Brazil
Wow! The size of this city is amazing. We drove for over an hour the other night and we were still in Sao Paulo. They say the traffic is bad here and I will agree...it reminds me of Chicago. Our time in Sao Paulo has been good...busy...but good. So far SRC has given 5 speeches in two days with one more to go this afternoon.
The Community Program was amazing! There were over 3,000 people there and they were all interested in learning. Families, couples, young and old were in attendance. SRC had a translator who stood so close to him on the stage I thought at one point they would trip over each other. We left right at the end of the program...out the back door but SRC was still met by people for photos, signature, and hugs.
As we go into each country there is always a small hear that I will say something that does not translate well or make a han gesture that is completely inappropriate. When I work with the AV techs I typically have one person that speaks english very well but I have to communicate with everyone: video, audio, etc. Normally I give a thumbs up or the OK sign. However, I found out that the OK sign use in the US is offensive to Brazilians. It became a big joke yesterday with the AV crew. The thumbs up sign is a bit offensive as well but we decided that would be a good way to say OK during the presentation. A smile goes a long way when you can't understand each other. I am fascinated by the portuguese language.
The HSM set up for each event is incredible! For the group size it would have to be! Four huge screens for graphics and films plus IMGAG screens in the center. From the back of the room SRC looks like a small action figure.
I slept in this morning, went to the gym and am now catching up on emails. It is a good day!
Tonight we fly to El Salvador!
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment